As a YG stan I’ve never understood how a number of fans (not all) think it’s fine to bring down their idols in any way possible. I read some confessions and know it’s everyone’s personal opinion but some I just don’t get. A number of confessions have stood out to me, not naming any, but they go around the same lines and with what’s going on in the fandom I thought of a few things.
1) You don’t control their lives, they don’t owe you anything with who they date. Leaving mean comments on Kiko’s instagram does not make you a better person, you are not protecting GD. In fact you’re hurting someone close to him and that’s that. You can’t hate on Kiko just because GD has sunken your ship. He’s a grown man with a load of money and if he wants a girlfriend then let him have one. This isn’t even about Kiko anymore, it’s about Big Bang in general to be honest. Let them be because they’re grown men and the last thing they need is a fangirl crying in their faces over how her oppa isn’t dating her and is somehow dating ‘satan’. At the end of the day their girlfriends will get a lot more than you will. That is the reality of the world my friend.
(it didn’t look like top at first but aye I just needed a picture ok)
(she’s gorgeous stop hating on her)
2) We’re here for the music and nothing else, we’re here to support them because we found a liking towards them because of their music and maybe many other reasons but that won’t give us the right to control them. Just because GD might be sad we have no right to know why unless he tells us, some jokes that are tweeted towards any member of the family can hurt because some jokes need to stop. Don’t bring up past scandals, they’re human too. We all make mistakes, they do too. Don’t like something they do then get it off your chest but don’t go tweeting death threats because being a kpop idol isn’t as easy as it seems.
3) Your ship is not real, be offended if you like but just remember that YOUR SHIP IS NOT REAL. As a TopRi and nyongtory shipper myself I enjoy their interactions and reading their fics but I know that they will never be real because shipping is just a imagination. No amount of predictions, evidences or reading of faces or other things will mean your ship is real. Skydragon, topri, nyongtory, todae, gtop,daragon and every other ship out there is not real. Have fun with shipping, make edits or write fics, do whatever but do not bash other ships and provide evidence and act insane trying to prove that your ship is real. Even tweeting your idols about it can make them feel uncomfortable. It’s hard enough smiling and giving fanservice so at least give them a break. Just because they hug one another and stand close and even hold hands does not mean it’s real. This type of behavior is normal as it’s considered showing love but not love where it ends with them in bed, that stuff is for fanfics. They have a different upbringing, we all do. We all live in a different country with different cultures with what’s acceptable and what isn’t. Just because one of them hugs the other too tight does not mean they’re dating. It’s called fanservice and they’re close backstage but you have to hype up the fans once in a while.
4) CL and Bom. There’s so many speculations that CL doesn’t support Bom because while Bom is suffering CL is out at fashion shows. HOW STUPID ARE YOU? (sorry) Just because CL isn’t at Bom’s side giving tissues does not mean that she doesn’t support her. Even if YG family doesn’t show it as such they’re still an extremely close company and look out for another. I hate to bring this up but even GD spent time with his family during his scandal and BB even did CF’s in New Zealand for North Face without Daesung but they were still there for him. Considering CL is a leader of a successful girl group anyone can make her a easy target. CL is a damn good leader, hence being the reason why she’s the leader in the first place. I don’t know what Bom is doing and how she’s coping but I’m going to stick here as a fan because she needs our support and you bringing down her group members isn’t going to help. Before your group members comes your family and even if your group members are like your family it does not mean you hold them down because of what’s happening to you. These girls are close, the entire company is close so leave it at that.
5) CL and Minzy don’t like one another. Again you don’t need to display every emotion on a camera, just because CL may seem distant from Minzy during broadcasts or 2NE1 tv does not mean they don’t like each other. If they didn’t like one another then Minzy would have left ages ago and she hasn’t so long story short people need to stop judging from what’s shown to us.
6) Team B getting recognition despite having not debuted as well as Winner. What has happened can’t be changed and if you don’t like the fact that rookies who haven’t debuted are getting a chance to perform already then you need to sit down. This is the K-POP industry we’re talking about and we all know YG will do anything to bring in money and if it means putting Team B and Winner on the set list for the YGFamily Concert then so be it. It’ll bring in more fans and those who attend the concert will have more acts to see making their money well spent. Pretty simple.
7) Seungri will always get hate. I’m Seungri biased but he’ll get hate no matter what because he barely made it and he’s the maknae and it sucks knowing that my bias will get hate no matter how hard he works. He isn’t the only glue holding BigBang together, it’s all of them. But before judging him or any other member of the family take some time out to learn a bit about these idols because it’s not all fun and games. He isn’t the favorite and you can easily see it from how his promotions went but he’s still cared for and considered part of the family. Plus his album was a last minute thing so of course YG didn’t have time for promotions so everything was left to him but before you judge Seungri make sure you think twice.
8) Yang Hyun Suk. He has no idea what a world map is and can’t tell the time but to be honest we owe this man a lot. We easily criticize him for not giving comebacks and stuff but put yourself in his shoes. Leading a hugely successful company with artists who dominate the charts then you’re going to want to delay your comebacks because that makes the fans want more and it gives the artists to work better. Give the man a break because we wouldn’t have all these amazing acts and I’m sure we’d all wait a little longer for a comeback because knowing YG it’ll be more than amazing. I’m sure we’d much rather wait for a good comeback than see artists show up at festivals and dance until they faint.
9) Stop hating on Jennie Kim.The girl hasn’t even debuted yet and she’s flooded by rumors and so on. A rumor isn’t true because it’s a rumor. Just because she’s being somewhat promoted by featuring on singles does not give you the right to hate her. It’s how the music industry works. It’s called promoting and building a name for yourself.
10) BigBang going to the army. It would be a miracle if they went together but no, they won’t. What do you think was the point of Winner and Team B? Their age plays a big part because I’m sure Seungri wouldn’t want to do his duty at 24-25 and would much rather go around 27 or so. Going now would be good because they’d be back together but then the company won’t be balanced. Who’s going to be on variety shows in Japan if they’re all gone at once? Who will be in films if they go at once? Who will do CF’s or create a album if they leave at once? YG has got this planned out because BigBang is one of his biggest source of income, both as a group and solo. If BigBang leaves for two years that profit won’t be there, but if they go at different times that profit will be stable. After all satan needs a new gold watch.
As fans we need to understand that nothing will go our way. No amount of hating on YG will change that. We can however show how thankful we are for them and buy their albums or singles, help one another in the fandom out and make friends and for the heck of it comment on fanfics. It will bring down the bitterness one way or another. We’re pretty lucky compared to other fandoms that have groups from companies such as SM. Because I’m not much of an EXO fan but I feel bad that they’re under SM. Compared to anything our artists have more freedom and are even open with us fans so lets not jeopardize with acts of hate towards each other and idols.
Just please let your idols be themselves and support them.